Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Splendiferous Afternoon of Roald Dahl

I am ecstatic to announce that I will be hosting "A Splendiferous Afternoon of Roald Dahl" on December 8th! The event will benefit First Book Manhattan and will take place at Symphony Space on Broadway in New York City. (It's my Broadway debut!) Paul Giamatti, Amy Ryan and a cavalcade of celebrities will read from Dahl's works, the cast of Matilda on Broadway will perform and there will be a special appearance by Luke Kelly, Roald Dahl's grandson.

It's a 756-seat venue, but tickets are nearly sold out! If you would like to get your hand on a golden ticket*, check out the official webpage!

I'm so excited about this shindig, that I created my own little piece of James and the Giant Peach fan art. I have such fond memories of the book, and even have my childhood copy sitting on my bookshelf here in the studio!





*Tickets are not actually golden in color.

No comments: