Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The evening in which my 3 year old daughter hand-sold copies of my books

Last evening, the entire family visited Newburyport, MA. It's a lovely old New England seaport town.


A trip to Newburyport is not complete without a stop to The Book Rack, a wonderful local indie bookshop.



The whole family browsed. But eventually Lucy, now 7 months, was done. And she let us know. So I took the fussy little one out to the sidewalk to calm her down. Then I looked in the window and saw my wife, Gina, laughing and shrugging her shoulders to me. Zoe, who is now 3 1/2, is not shy. She easily makes friends and noticed there was also a little girl with her mommy looking to find a book.

"What books are you buying? I'm buying this book," She then led the kid and mom over to a display the store had of my books. "You should buy my daddy's books!"


The mother wasn't quite sure what to make of it. She looked to Gina, who nodded her head. Yup, the kid isn't making that up.

And the book that Zoe chose for herself to take home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could borrow that little sweetie for a few editor reviews...

On an off topic note- I was thinking about Tomie Depaola and wondering if you have heard anything from him recently. His blog hasn't been updated for a long time and he was pretty ill according to Bob. Hope all is well with him.