Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I am so embarrassed

Turns out Scieszka meant GUYS READ: THRILLER, not the Michael Jackson album.





Wish he'd of said something when I offered to wear my red pleather Thriller suit...






But a good time was had by all. And check out GUYS READ: THRILLER this fall and check out a brand new comic by yours truly as well as great stories by Matt de la Pena (the handsome guy in the above pic) and so many more fantastic authors, like Anthony Horowitz, Walter Dean Myers, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Bruce Hale, James Patterson, Gennifer Choldenko, Patrick Carman, and M.T. Anderson. WOW! Still can't believe I was invited to the party.

AND - get this - the cover art and chapter openings were illustrated by none other than Brett Helquist. I was and am bowled over to have see Brett's interpretation of my work for the opener of my piece.

Guys Read: Thriller is available 9/20/11.


No comments: