Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Thank you!!!


BOOK OF THE YEAR!”
????
Through the roof to receive this Harvey Award at New York Comic Con!


^ For Joe & Shirl. ‬


My acceptance speech for Book of the Year from The Harvey Awards ceremony at New York Comic Con.
Librarians, this is especially for you.




What I was most proud of that night? Listening to my daughter accept a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Award on my behalf. I’m a little misty-eyed over here. ‬
Also, this is so outside of Gina’s wheelhouse, and I couldn’t be more impressed by her!


New Kiddo and Hey, Kid both took home New England Book Awards! ‬



Here is my acceptance speech from the New England Book Awards. There were a few of the “characters” from the book in the audience, and I loved having the opportunity to publicly thank them. 



Thank you so much to the booksellers all across New England for citing Hey, Kiddo as the YA Book of the Year in the New England Book Awards. I appreciate all of your support over the years and I especially thank you for getting behind this book that was such a departure for me.

No comments: