Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Green Day Concert


Let me tell you about this kid named Grant.

Gina and I went to the Green Day show in Worcester. We've seen them several times, and I've seen just about every tour since 1994's Dookie. Anyhow, we were on the floor and we were enamored by this little kid with green hair who was going berserk and knew every word to every song. We got to talking to his dad. He said that his kid could also play every song on the guitar. I asked him if he'd ever been to a Green Day show before. He said he hadn't. I told him that at every show, Billie Joe Armstrong chooses somebody from the audience to come on stage and play his guitar. The dad looked at me in disbelief. Gina and I looked at each other and we were determined to make this happen for this little guy. So when the moment came and Billie Joe asked if anyone knew how to play the guitar, we all lifted that green-haired kid up as high as we could and we rushed the stage.

And then this happened...

Grant is an incredibly talented kid and Billie Joe Armstrong is an incredibly kind rock star!

No comments: