Wednesday, December 02, 2015

The Joe and Shirley Scholarships


I run this auction every year in memory of the grandparents who raised me and in support of art education in my hometown of Worcester, MA. All of the proceeds from this auction will benefit scholarships to get kids in unique familial situations into art classes at the Worcester Art Museum.


This classroom changed my life, as did the many art studios where I took classes in at the Worcester Art Museum. I was a lucky kid to have had grandparents who were able to send me to classes there. I recognize that there are many young artists in my hometown who have also found a home with grandparents, but they may not have the means to enroll in extracurricular art courses. 


Bid on items to raise money for art scholarships to courses at Worcester Art Museum. The program there was instrumental to my development as an artist.  http://www.studiojjk.com/joeandshirlscholarships.html

No comments: