Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Info on my visits for the 2014-2015 School Year


Hi, everyone!

For many years, my wonderful wife, Gina, has very graciously handled all of the correspondence and logistics for my school visits. After much consideration, we decided that her time would be best spent focusing on our two daughters, because let me tell you—they sure keep her busy! Plus, the requests for my speaking engagements have been pouring in at a very high volume these past few years. Gina has loved working with all of you, and I appreciate all of the positive feedback that you've given her over the years. Moving forward, we've hired a great School Visit Coordinator in Sylvia Peterson. We found her through the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book, as she was working with their development team, and we couldn't be happier that we found her. She's top-notch! Sylvia can be reached at schoolvisits@studiojjk.com.

Photo by Strinni Studio Photography


Another reason why I am writing today is to tell you about how we are reconfiguring how we schedule my visits. In the past, I have accepted all invitations and went whenever a school needed me. While I have loved visiting every single school that has had me, but as you can imagine that has led to a very frantic schedule—for my writing, but more importantly for my family. Going forward, I will now be selecting one week per month that I can be away from home, with other slots left open for local visits. Below, you will find where I have a few visits locked down. If you are near one of these towns and would like to have me speak at your school, please do get in touch with Sylvia and she can help coordinate efforts for you to add on to these trips. For local visits, please contact Sylvia and she will be more than happy to find a time that may work. (I consider anything within a 2 hour driving distance from Northampton, MA as local.)






Please know that by the time that you write, Sylvia may already be working on some events that would fill in the below dates.

September
I will be in Little Rock, AR on September 11 & 12.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on September 8-10.

October
I will be at the Tennessee School Library conference on October 24.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on October 22 and 23.

November
I will be in Sacramento, CA on November 14.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on November 10-14.

December
December 1-5 is wide open. 

January
I will be in Baltimore, MD on January 23.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on January 19-22.

February
I will be in West Houston, TX on February 26-27.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on February 24 & 25.

March
March 9-13 is open as of right now, but I do believe Sylvia may have an area lined up for this stretch.

May
I will be in Pittsburgh, PA on May 21.
This would open my schedule for schools in that area on May 20 & 22.

June
June 8-12 is wide open.


Thank you so much! I look forward to visiting with you and your students next school year!



Photo by Strinni Studio Photography




For more info on the programs that I offer, please visit www.studiojjk.com /schoolvisits.html

No comments: