Monday, January 06, 2014

Y'all—I'll see you in Texas this weekend!

Visiting Texas schools in 2003.


I am kicking off my 2014 in he Lone Star State this weekend with two exciting events!

On Friday, January 10th, I will be at the Midland Public Library in Midland, TX at 4 pm. I'll be talking about how I came up with many of my characters, reading, and signing books as well!

Then, on Saturday, January 11th, I will be in Abilene, TX to speak at the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature at 10 am. This is a part of that great exhibit they mounted on kids' comics called "Bam! It's a Picture Book: The Art Behind Graphic Novels." I can't wait to see the exhibit myself!

I'll see you there!

And if I haven't mentioned it yet on the ol' blog, I have been incredibly honored to have had Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked make it to the Bluebonnet Award nominee. It's an especially big thrill, as I've been visiting schools down in Texas for some time. (Check out the caption on that photo above!)




My spring tour information is getting all squared away. There will be more dates added, but in the meantime, be sure to check out the calendar on my homepage at StudioJJK.com. If you live in California, Washington, Vermont, Arizona or Wisconsin it will be of special interest to you...

No comments: