Saturday, November 02, 2013

An embarrassment of riches this Halloween!



I received an embarrassment of riches this Halloween. Some wonderful photos of folks dressed as my characters came through over social media. It's just beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I am so honored that folks took the time to put together these fantastic costumes!

Check out the awesomeness below!


Not only does Kairi make a fierce Lunch Lady, but she also has the creativity of Betty -- when she couldn't find a yellow apron, she made one! Color me impressed!








Spotted on Martha's Vineyard -- a Punk Farm scarecrow! I love it!!!




Public librarian Laura Lintz donned a yellow apron for Halloween, but nothing could top Ulysses the Pug's performance as Betty. I can certify that this is the first canine interpretation of one of my characters! My pug is jealous that he didn't think of that! (He has no shame, and will do anything for extra treats.)



Detectives Corey O'Malley and Rick Zengo turned up at the HarperCollins Halloween party. And just in case things got out of hand, Sergeant Plazinski was on hand to ensure that the Platypus Police Squad stayed in line. (The attention to detail here is mind-boggling!)



School librarian Cyndi Shinn has been a big supporter of the Lunch Lady books out in Nebraska. And on Halloween, she took it to the next level!



Check out Stella and her sister, Rosie! They are just adorable! (And the littlest lunch ladies that I ever did see!) I also appreciate their parents' dedication to theme by painting their walls yellow...




Andrew kept his neighborhood streets safe by serving justice and serving lunch in the Sunshine State! I love this costume!




Check out these INCREDIBLE story pumpkins!



4th grader Liam made this incredibly creative Lunch Lady pumpkin. I love the use of a mop head for the hair!




This Platypus Police Squad pumpkin looks so much like Detective Rick Zengo! Made by a 2nd grader at Sterling Community School, it is a perfectly shaped pumpkin for this character!



This was sent in by Mattea in Arizona. Mattea did a fantastic job on her pumpkin book report! I love it! Thank you so much, Mattea!





If you dressed up as one of my characters, or themed a story pumpkin around one of my books, I'd love to see photos!




No comments: