Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Flashback: D.C. Public Library's Summer Reading Program

I was beyond honored to have learned that Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked had been selected as a signature selection for D.C. Public Library's summer reading program. I was psyched to travel down to our nation's capitol to meet with some fantastic readers!


The Mt. Pleasant branch of DC Public Library is a beautiful space!
 


A huge thank you to Politics & Prose and D.C. Public Library for having me at their summer reading program! And thank you to all of the families who came out and made it a spectacular event!

The DC Library had lots of books on hand for people to borrow. . .
and Politics & Prose had lots of books on hand if people wanted books for keeps. They brought some extra, so if you're looking for a signed book, they'll have some signed stock at their store.
I loved meeting all of the families that came out, but it was especially neat to meet this family. Ian (the oldest boy, on the right) was born a few months after Good Night, Monkey Boy was published. They had multiple copies of my 1st book that were 1st edition and 1st printing. I was beyond honored to learn that the book has held a special place in their family's reading life, as it's been used at bedtime over the years. That is such a privilege for me.

No comments: