Saturday, June 23, 2012

making friends at Enders Rd



When I was a kid, I used to daydream that I was hanging out with the fictional characters that I read about. As an author/illustrator, I really hope that kids will look at the characters that I create as their friends as well.

On a recent visit to Enders Road Elementary in Manilus, NY I was greeted at the front door by my characters!


   


And inside, lining just about every inch of wall space, every single student at the school drew themselves with one of my characters. It was so incredibly humbling and such an honor to see which character of mine each kid connected with. Here are a few snapshots of their awesome work:






And let's not forget this awesome young fan who made a T-shirt with a Lunch Lady coat of arms!






No comments: