Sunday, May 06, 2012

New school visit programs and Gina is back to coordinating my visits





I'm excited to have designed a program on chapter books and programs specifically for educators and parents. Platypus Police Squad: The Frog who Croaked won't be published until summer 2013, but I am already putting something together on the creative process behind writing for this format. (Note, this presentation won't be ready until the fall.) And for grown-ups, I now have "Reaching the Reluctant Reader" and "Fostering the Young, Creative Mind". I'm very excited to formally offer something for educators, as I love speaking to the people who make such a difference in the lives of young readers. These programs can be offered for professional development after school, in the evening or at conferences.

I'm also very excited to formally announce that my incredible wife, Gina, is back to coordinating my visits. Now that our littlest one is settled into the world, she's back to providing the top-notch customer service we pride ourselves on. Gina has a long history of working in the business world and she loves that she can use this part of her skill set while being a full-time mom. Before we had children, Gina managed customer relations offices for Liberty Mutual and before that, managed retail. Plus, she has her masters in psychology, so that helps her deal with me.

You can view my new programs by visiting the school visits page of my website or by downloading the nifty PDF brochure we have here.

Also, when you sign up for a visit now, you get a welcome packet that will help make the entire visit an easy, smooth experience. A checklist of tech needed, sample schedules, information on book ordering and helpful tips are all included. We want my visit to your school to be an awesome experience from the first email you send to the applause for the last presentation of the day.

No comments: