Thursday, November 10, 2011

Key to the City of Worcester




I am so honored that my hometown has awarded me with the Key to the City as an alumnus who serves as an example to the students of the Worcester Public Schools. The Worcester Educational Development Foundation honored me with one of the Distinguished Alumni and Friends awards.

Sadly, I was unable to attend last evening's ceremony. As we anxiously await the birth of our second child, I'm keeping things closer to home these days. But that doesn't diminish how much I am honored by this recognition. I wrote my very first book as a third grader while enrolled in the city's P.E.A.K. program and I carry those lessons with me to this day. I have many fond memories of my time with friends and the excellent teachers at Gates Lane Elementary School. Back then, it was a K-8 school and I spent all nine years there. It was a wonderful community to have grown up in.

I will display this key in my studio with great pride!



You can download my third grade literary effort by clicking here.



No comments: