Thursday, October 06, 2011
Tips and Suggestions for the Ollie Virtual Storytime
On Tuesday I will be connecting with classrooms and libraries all over the country with the Ollie Virtual Storytime! I hope that you are as excited as I am, not just for my new book but for the opportunity to connect in a way that technology makes possible!
Here are a few suggestions to make the experience as seamless as possible:
• Ensure that you are able to access my UStream channel UStream.tv/channel/StudioJJK. Rest assured that I have a paid Pro account and commercials won't pop up.
• After each reading, I will be taking questions via the chat function. Consider using two computers, one to project the video feed for your students (which you can maximize to be full-screen) and one for you to submit the questions. It may be distracting for your students to see all of the question being submitted.
• I will be starting each storytime at the top of the hour from 9a.m. to 5p.m. EDT. You are welcome to attend every hour if you wish! But please connect just a few minutes ahead of each reading. I will begin the broadcast a few minutes ahead of time, so you can know that you are connected and the readings will start soon after.
• Photography is welcome and I look forward to seeing what this will look like from your point-of-view! I do have to ask that you don't videotape the reading. Copyright and all. . . thanks for understanding!
• My local bookshop will be selling copies that can be personalized. You can call them today - 1-800-540-7307. Over the weekend and on the day of the Virtual Visit, you will be able to place your order online at www.studiojjk.com/ollievirtualstorytime.html.