Tuesday, December 14, 2010

fall book tour flashback


I had an excellent time on the road this fall, zigzagging the country and meeting kids, educators and booksellers. Thank you to all for your continued support. I'll be posting some pictures and notes from the road all week as we near the end of fall. (Yes, it's still fall, even though there is snow on the ground outside of the studio. . .)

Eric Wight, Ursala Vernon and I yuck it up at the Baltimore Book Festival.

I got the crowd to sing the Price is Right theme song, while...

Ursala and Eric drew dueling cartoons.

And we got to hang out with Ed and Rebecca Emberly!

Here's an event that was closer to home. The release party for the Many Hands CD.
This Haiti-fundraiser took place at Look Park in Florence, MA.

Here I am in Benton, Arkansas. Met some wonderful librarians down there! (And yes, that sweater is yellow...)



Speaking of Festivals that begin with the letter "B"...The Boston Book Festival was a blast! I joined fellow cartoonists Aaron Renier, Jef Czekaj, and Alexis Frederick-Frost on a panel hosted by Robin Brenner.
You can listen in on our misbehavior at the BBF's website. Listen to the podcast and imagine what our drawings might look like. (Click on the one that is called "cartooning", not "crimes and misdemeanors".)
I visited with the kids at Polytechnic School in Pasadena, CA.
And while I was in town, I hung out with these jokers. That's Bob Boyle, Tom Warburton, Dan Santat and Bob's lovely wife Terri.
And of course, Lisa Yee. Who plays Wendy to their Lost Boys.
And I also made a last-minute stop into famed bookstore Vroman's!

Stay tuned! More to come!

1 comment:

Lisa Yee said...

Oooh, I love being called Wendy!!!