Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


I am honored to be providing the artwork for the Target House carnivals held at St. Jude hospital. Target House is a breathtaking facility where patients of St. Jude hospital can stay free of charge. In addition to the wonderful (and very creative) housing Target provides, they also host five carnival parties per year for the patients. The centerpiece of each event is a giant 14 ft tall banner.

This piece that I created for the event was blown up to be that 14 foot tall banner and was also used as other signage and memorabilia for the event.

The Target House mascot is an elephant, so every piece that I create will have an elephant. This has been such a creatively fun and open project to work on. And I can't even begin to describe the immense feeling of purpose I have when creating this artwork.

I hope that you enjoy this painting and have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

To learn more about Target House and St. Jude hospital, click here.

4 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

Such a sweet illustration! Looking forward to LL4!!!

Jaymie said...

Beautiful! This would make great cards for St. Jude to sell for their cause.

Troy said...

Jarrett,
Thanks for your contribution to St. Jude. As a nurse at St. Jude, I can assure you that you are working for a great cause. Hope you are well.

Troy

storyqueen said...

I think I love the pencil and eraser best.

Well done.

Shelley