Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Not your average author visit

A few weeks back, I had the great honor of joining Target and Heart of America for their READesign "library makeover" program. What a powerful day. Target and Heart of America select school libraries that are in serious need of a helping hand. These economically challenged libraries not only get a complete face-lift, but their library is also supplemented with two-thousand books that are requested by the school librarian. AND each kid at the school is given seven books to take home and call their own.

To learn more about the READesign program, visit www.heartofamerica.org/READesign.htm.

Here are some photos that I took during the day:









Note: I've always wanted to attend an event that involved giant scissors. I can now say that I have.

No comments: