Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Decatur Rocked!

I had a blast down in Decatur at the Decatur Book Festival! Wow! What a show. G, Z and I saw so many old friends and made so many great new ones. Way too much to post about now as I am chipping away at a deadline, but I wanted to give a HUGE shout-out to my friends at Little Shop of Stories for having me down and putting together such a great line-up of authors.

I'll post more about this Festival in the coming weeks, but for now I will leave you with what was my highlight of the weekend. G, Z and I were walking around the Fest with our good friend David Levithan when I spotted these two kids reading (and enthralled by) Lunch Lady. It was spectacular. I imagine if you were a musician it was much like hearing your song on the radio for the first time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackson and Vinny love your books and think that they met a rock star when you sat down to chat with them about the book! Thanks for the taking the time to talk with them!

Ken Manford

Nina Crittenden said...

That is a great photo.
Your slug photo really cracked me up!