Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sketchbook Saturday

This past Thursday, I spoke at the Montserrat College of Art in conjunction with my exhibit there. I taught at Montserrat for four great years. I haven't been back to campus in some time — it was good to be back. I saw some old friends, including Ellisa Della-Piana, Greg Orfanos and Mark Hoffmann.

I used to teach Children's Book Illustration I & II, Illustration III and the Acrylic Painting Workshop. I had a lot of down time during the Acrylic Painting Workshop, because I needed to give my students time to paint. So I would take out my sketchbook and draw them at work.




3 comments:

Nadine @ BDG said...

Those drawings -- the immediacy of your line and quality of your observation-- are beautiful. Thanks for the Saturday treat. Cheers and Peace, Nadine Bouler

kelmurphy said...

Ha! I see Richard Johnson, a potential Pat Roy... so neat!

Jarrett J. Krosoczka said...

thanks nadine!

and kelly - you are very astute. i recognize a few others, too!