Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Boston Globe Children's Book Festival recap

Thank you to all who braved the weather forecasts to come out to the Boston Globe Book Festival last Saturday. It was a great day, filled with great authors and great performers. The rain held out and the Boston Common was jumping with all sorts of activity. I saw some old friends like Justin Roberts and his gang of Not Ready for Naptime Players, as well as author Rich Michaelson. I also made some great new friends, like author/illustrator Marianne Richmond, Genevieve and D.C. of Choo Choo Soul and DJ Lance Rock of Yo Gabba Gabba. Unfortunately, I just missed Anna Dewdney of Llama Llama Red Pajama fame. But I did get to meet Lisa Loeb backstage.

Much to the chagrin of Gina, I took a lot of pictures with the other authors and performers. (She hates getting her picture taken, which is why she's not popping up in any of these!)

Check out all the pics here.

No comments: