Monday, March 31, 2008

Michael Cera is everywhere

There are a few movie adaptations that I've been paying close attention to because they're based on two of my favorite books. The first is Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. The book is incredible. Rachel Cohn and David Levithan are both made of pure poetic genius. I got even more amped when I saw that Michael Cera was playing the part of Nick. Could that be any cooler?
Then, I saw a MySpace bulletin from Bryan Lee O'Malley, author and illustrator of the most awesome Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series. The director who brought us 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz' was tapped as helming a possible film project, which looks like a go, with who in the lead role? Yes, Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim. Can this guy do no wrong? He'll be perfect. And what's more - he's Canadian, just like Scott.


So here's a pitch to Michael Cera's agents:

Michael Cera as Max?
What about Michael Cera as Baghead?


Slug?

No comments: