Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sketchbook Saturday

I've been meaning to post pages from my sketchbooks since I started this blog. Every time I would go to post something, I would stop myself because I didn't want to publish pictures of characters from new projects that weren't ready to be shown. So as one of my New Year's resolutions, I'll intermittently post pages from my sketchbook on a new feature I'm calling "Sketchbook Saturday". I'm hoping to post every Saturday, but we'll see how good I am about that.

For the first few Saturdays, I'll be posting some of the preparatory sketches I created for the background characters in Punk Farm on Tour. I visited nature labs and poured over dozens of photos and drew the animals initially as they actually existed. Then, I allowed the characters to develop on their own and Punk farm-ized versions of those animals manifested.

Today, I bring you - Punk Farm's moose fans. I imagined the moose would be a rough and tough hippy type. Take note of the tribal tattoos, I imagine these guys listen to a lot of Rusted Root.

No comments: