Tuesday, May 01, 2007

cartoons I grew up with

The cartoons that I watched as a kid definitely fueled my creative spirits. Not that
I value them as something that would be more important than books - that is far from the truth. But all sorts of media opens the creative mind to visual story telling. And as a young kid growing up in the 80's, I had a number of shows that I would list as favorites. I would draw the main characters and make my own comics with these characters. This would then lead to the creation of my own characters and I would make my own books, comics and animations.

From time to time, when I come across something I drew as a kid and if I can find something on YouTube, I'll post them here. But - let me reiterate I still would prefer a kid read a book or make up their own stories or comics!

Like most boys in the 1980's, there was a red and blue robot that I looked up to. His name was Optimus Prime. This one's for you, Optimus....




And yes, I am anxiously awaiting the movie this summer...

No comments: