Monday, November 21, 2005

The Stinky Cheese Man Man

Amherst Reads was a great day all around. Angela worked her butt off to make the event a success and it was a HUGE success. The literary celebration centered around the works of Jon Scieszka, who is a living legend in the industry. I had the chance to be a part of the Guys Read section of the day’s events with friends Tim Basil Ering and Tony DiTerlizzi. When the day was done, we all celebrated with Chinese food and I couldn’t help but be amazed by the energy and the creativity of everyone around me. I’m continually feeling as though I am a real part of something as I grow into this world of children’s publishing. After spending time with Jon, one can’t help but feel a sense of awe of what he has accomplished and by his good nature. He is a role model for all of us who are publishing.


PS - We were also attacked by ninjas.

No comments: